....my thoughts and experiences, my aspirations as well as abandonments, my beliefs and doubts..
my opinions and indifferences..

Friday, July 23, 2010

From my balcony...while it rained outside

I feel wonderful whenever it rains, more so when I don’t have to go out …so that I can just sit and watch the rains. Sometimes again I enjoy going out in the rains and that is a thing of immense fun for me.

Today it’s raining the whole afternoon and it’s good to see and feel this sitting here, in the balcony of our apartment. The balcony faces the rear side of the apartment property, lined with maple trees and conifers. It’s very green and I love this.

I had taken an afternoon nap while it was raining outside (another favorite) and came out here just moments ago. My senses are enjoying the sights and sounds of the downpour amidst the trees. The needle leaves of the conifers holding the raindrops like the dew in the grass, the scent of the wet soil and the sudden freshness in the air upbeats my evening mood.

The squirrels and the little birds, which are very much there when it’s not raining, are not being seen now….off to their homes, I guess. I often see the squirrels here running up and down the stems of the trees. They are slightly bigger in size here and also don’t possess the fabled ‘3-finger mark’ of Lord Rama on their back, like those in India have….just a passing thought, though…which came up.

Anyways, back to the rains, which are pretty much as wonderful as these are back home (India). But somehow, I miss the thrills of going through water-clogged streets with friends, suddenly getting drenched out as a vehicle pass by (I know, it’s distressing, but c’mon it’s fun, too) and the ‘pakoras’ and ‘samosas’ from the shop at the street corner….wow these can be really good sometimes. The change in weather brings so much alteration, good and bad, in the whole ambience of being, which certainly adds to the whole experience. Now come on, what’s a good thing without a dash of distress and upset attached to it? :) :)


Here, rains don’t bring you these add-ons. It is just very beautiful but yes, a bit boring.

3 comments:

  1. hi, very nice description. it would be nice if you put up some pictures as well to go with your description.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey , nice...u hv a simple yet fascinating way of describing things....specially te part abt u missing te rains in India...n u r making me feel te need of some pakoras rite nw !! keep up te good work...tk cr...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "BRISTI PORE TAPUR TUPUR...NODE ELO BAAN...SHIV THAKURER BIYE HOBE...TIN KONYE DAAN..." DO YOU REMEMBER THE CHILDHOOD RHYMES!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails