....my thoughts and experiences, my aspirations as well as abandonments, my beliefs and doubts..
my opinions and indifferences..

Monday, November 22, 2010

Today, November 22, is the birthday of a very dear friend of mine....but I don't write about the birthdays of all my friends in my blog. But she is special. Special because she is one of my friends since the time I came to know what is known by the term 'friend' (literally, I mean.....the greater meaning is still left to be fully understood), because we are friends since we were in class I, because I have neither seen her since 2001, nor spoken to her. But I still say we are friends and she knows that too. We just passed out of high school and she decided to take a certain step in her life which I thought (and still think the same) to be a serious lapse in judgement on her part. I suffered but severed all ties with her because I thought that she deserved much better and I was not ready to hear to her inconveniences (which often elevated to sufferings as well, as I correctly thought it would be like that )....I think I love her too much to bear those circumstantial constraints in such young age. I hear from my parents and common friends sometimes that she is all right, has settled in her life in a good way, got over all the problems but I, till date, choose not to be a part of her life. 
But I think of her often, remember her on her every birthday, and I knew somewhere inside that she knows this fact and she understands. She tried to contact me a few times, the friends who knew both of us thinks that I over reacted....but it's perhaps a confession that I, knowing the fact that each person is destined to live with certain respective terms and conditions in life, still cannot get over the feeling that she deserved much more than she went through. May God bless her with immense happiness, peace and love in her life.....and I want her to understand ( I know she does) that I consider her as one whom I'll always regard as my friend and will always love her.....only I choose not to be a part of her present....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails