....my thoughts and experiences, my aspirations as well as abandonments, my beliefs and doubts..
my opinions and indifferences..

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A letter to a kind reader of my blog...

Dear Reader,


Firstly, thank you for all your comments to date.....they are insightful, and some really helps. But I beg to differ with this last comment of yours. I don't dream to be popular, I just want to be better in whatever I do. Don't misunderstand my dream of getting better as the dream of getting popular. Secondly, I'm too small a writer and don't, even in my dreams, have the audacity to compare to the Tagores...His writings are a very sensitive point to me, and yours too, as I know..so I really don't have the courage to even mention him while talking about my writing. Thank you so much for being kind enough to read my blog regularly as you are the only one, except from my hubby and sister to read me with such particularity.
Till date, I've expressed only what I have felt, sometimes in a good way, sometimes in not so good way....that's why the longing of being a good writer. But of course, I don't want to be popular at the cost of the quality of my writing. I guess I have only wrote and felt about achieving perfection in my writings, never meaningless popularity. Yes, of course, I love it when people read my blog regularly and say good things about it, if I didn't, I could have maintained a personal diary of sorts, rather than blogging in media. Believe it or not, A writer's credibility depends on his/her writing ability as well as on the readership. These are interconnected in very many ways. You can't achieve one without giving proper value to the other, I feel. Wordsworth's poems would not have gained such heights if his sister didn't read and save each one of them and publish them later, because the poet himself is known to throw away all his writings in a careless fashion. We would not have known Wordsworth otherwise and imagine what loss it would have been for English literature. So a writer is partly true for his/her writings and partly for his/her readers. Otherwise it would have been incomplete. It's not about popularity my dear, it's like dewdrops on lotus leaves......it may not be necessary, but it certainly makes it beautiful.....


yours truly,
Suryatapa.


P.S. You want me to write about value of relationships in our lives. I remember that, will certainly write about it...just give me some time. :)

3 comments:

  1. EUREKA...self explanatory! Isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, my main objective was to establish the truth that you are very much honest to your writings…I believe the passion of writing is a kind of photography…some writers used to express their feelings like an original photograph…because they are always in search of real beauty… but some used to write in such a way that the original feelings are getting blurred, just like customizing an original photograph in a photo editor- perfection is there but purity is missing...!
    I just want to share something from my personal life with you…in my childhood…we were three friends… our likes, dislikes, and way of thinking…everything used to match with each other…my two friends were the only fan of my creativity in my writings…but in recent past due to some honest reason God made us isolated from each other…after that I quit writing…because my fans are absent! I really agree with you that “A writer's credibility depends on his/her writing ability as well as on the readership”…

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous,
    You know what....nobody is absent from anybody's life...it just happens that often in our lives, we can't be as together as we used to be with our friends and dear ones.Don't worry...but we shouldn't stop doing what we love because it seems that there is apparently nobody to appreciate...!! It'll certainly reach to your friends...trust me, start a blog like me, i'm telling you from my own experience, it certainly helps to reach out to long lost friends.. :)
    And oh...thank you for your kind words. I really try to be honest with my writings. Such that, as you said, purity is not lost for perfection..:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails