....my thoughts and experiences, my aspirations as well as abandonments, my beliefs and doubts..
my opinions and indifferences..

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Just Like That..


Life does not turn out to be that fun always.....Sometimes it brings boredom or sadness or something-not-right kind of feelings in us. I, personally go through this many a times, and so thought about sharing it with you all. But of course, when such things happen, we by our natural tendency to get over odd situations, try something different. That way, the crisis tides over in a smooth fashion. The method of bouncing back from an odd situation is different for different individuals, I'm sure. What works for me is creating or making something from scratch. That works wonders for me when I get into a bad mood, I'm upset, or simply sad. 


A few days ago, during this kind of a bad patch in my daily life, I baked a cake, not knowing the fact that the work will upbeat my mood suddenly...but I was excited to observe that I felt much better...Believe me or not, it happens. Because, the joy of creation is one of the greatest joys of the world. Making something or cooking or baking a cake, for that matter, may not be as mighty as the creation of a life, or something like that....but still it works. Thereafter, whenever I find myself in a not-so-good frame of mind...I try to cook a delicacy, or bake a cake, or draw a picture. In general, I make something on my own. Writing may also be an option, but I write/blog whenever I feel an urge to say something. But in sadness, I somehow do not feel the urge to talk...


I leave this post open to your experiences and suggestions...
I hope you also face situations like this sometimes.....
What do you do to get over, my friends?

2 comments:

  1. To get over I used to go through the lines in a random page from 'Geetanjali' and I always find my answers there...You can also try this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is all about ups and downs, and some times the downs can be pretty rough. At times we need help from others to overcome situations which are out of control, but most of our dark times can be overcome simply by being with ourselves, doing something that can soothe and heal us. I have seen that in times of crisis, I can look very upbeat and can go out and talk endlessly with people. It has its own therapeutic effect. Some times I read. I write a lot when I am sad, penning down the thoughts in black and white embalms my hurt heart...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails